> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Night vs. Day ...
Login | Register

Night vs. Day ...

Posted by Jay J on July 26th, 2000 01:27 PM
In reply to Please read the previous posts about sherwin williams by Jim Sparks on July 26th, 2000 12:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

I understand you're a 'consumer' but Steve happens to be a contractor. (Sorry, Steve, but in case you don't see J. S.'s Post, I'm gonna defend your 'position', to some degree ...) Anyways, yes, I too have had a 'not-so-good' experience or 2 with my most favorite paint, Finneran & Haley. Steve, like me, uses paint a great deal in our work. And I'm sure he's tried 'the lot' of them. I don't think that your 1 bad experience is worth a "Don't listen to Steve" 'reaction'. If you were to call some of the mfgrs. of different paints (as I have done in the past), and ask them what the 'difference' is between the paint that's made for, say F & H, and the paint they make for, say, Heckingers. If you do, you'll get a very enlightening explanation! In short, you get what you pay for. This is why Steve and I, among many others, try to 'stear' others towards the more top-of-the-line paints then the not-so-top-of-the-line paints. Believe me if you can - Pick any 3 professional painters and look in their trucks to see what they use. When it comes to making a livelyhood, you don't go with 2nd-rate material. Word-of-mouth advertising will DESTROY your business.

One bad experience that you had with S-W is not the same as having many bad experiences with a product from Behr. Last summer, I decided to try their Deck Stain for PT wood and I HATE it! The coverage was horrible. (And I believe I know what I'm doing. Steve builds decks for a living, for the most part.) I had bad luck on one occasion w/their paint too, and had that 2nd bad experience with their stain. That's 0-for-2! With F & H Paint, I've had 2-for-100. And for S-W, I'm batting 1000%.

Jim - Certainly, you're on your own as to which brand to use. As I always say, there's 'your side of the story', there's 'my side of the story', and there's 'the truth'. Just remember, as AT&T use to say: "You get what you pay for." My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC