> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Next, you're going to complain if I don't specify the "pointy" nails.
Login | Register

Next, you're going to complain if I don't specify the "pointy" nails.

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 8th, 2000 01:51 PM
In reply to Jim said "gas mask"..... by Kilz guy on April 8th, 2000 07:29 AM [Go to top of thread]

Give us a break, "X-GUY". I am giving FREE advice to people who don't want to pay anything for stuff the rest of us (including you, but hey I am only ASSUMING that) paid dearly to learn through first hand experience. I am not going to get out a can of Kilz and type the application instructions into this forum when the person can do it themselves. I do try to highlight some of the issues involved with a project that may have been overlooked. If the reader is experienced, then I've wasted my breath, and given YOU something to complain to me about. If, on the other hand, the reader has NEVER done anything like this before, as many of them seem to be, then I think it's good to shine a light on these issues.
The readers on this board are looking for friendly, helpful, FREE advice on topics that they may or may not be qualified to do themselves. They rarely explain the whole picture, always leave out important details, and may or may not continue their quest for more information beyond what they get from this board. I try not to disrespect other people or their products, and as for Home Depot, I actually buy a lot of stuff there. The difference is that the stuff I buy there (Tools, fasteners, hardware, etc) really is the same as what I can get elsewhere, and it is less expensive. Paint just doesn't happen to be one of those things, and if I want advice I certainly know better than to ask a kid who was working fast food a month ago.

You seem to be bent on criticizing answers on this board, and specifically mine. If I wronged you in a previous life, or ran over your cat, I sincerely apologize. If you have something to say to me, my email address is, which I include on every post to this board. So far, you have yet to avail yourself of it. If you type something in here, I may or may not find it, depending on how old the thread is, and to tell you the truth, I don't really care what you say, if all you want to do is take pot shots. If you have something constructive to say, or if someone who answers a question made a mistake that would really make a difference in how a homeowner would approach their project, please feel free to correct the information, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. Leave that stuff for the ballpark.

Please have a good weekend, give yourself that hug you keep talking about, and spend some quality time with your kids or something.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC