> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > New Wood Flooring, and Pets ...
Login | Register

New Wood Flooring, and Pets ...

Posted by Jay J on October 12th, 1998 09:39 AM
In reply to wood floor vs pergo by trish on October 11th, 1998 06:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

With 4 dogs, unless you pull their paw nails out, no matter which floor you choose, it's gonna wear quick!

With Pergo, for your situation, it's cheap and easy to install yourself. For you, and hardwood floors, I say stay away. Why? Well, with a Pergo floor, when it wears out, you throw it away. With a hardwood (or engineered) floor, you refinish a couple of times. After that, THEN you have to put in a new one!

Because of the pets, I wouldn't spend too much $$$ on an expensive floor unless you have $$$ to burn. Again, with Pergo, when the floor needs 'refinishing' (which you can't do), you throw it away and put in a new one. I say go with Pergo and see how it wears with 4 dogs. Depending on where the dogs spend their time is gonna determine the wear-factor. The kitchen will get the most wear (with you included), and the hallway or dining room will get the least. Maybe do just the kitchen if it's small enough and see how it goes.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC