> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > New versus old
Login | Register

New versus old

Posted by Steve on October 18th, 1999 03:49 PM
In reply to The 64 million dollar question by TomR on October 13th, 1999 09:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

Tom, Henry, Jay J and and all the rest of the people are absolutely correct. This board belongs to you. As the technical guy behind the scenes I made the decision last year at your request to leave the old board up and running, and I will continue to do so as long as you want it there. As you all have pointed out it is free!

The reason I initially tried to go to to the new board is that it provided the oppportunity to present catagories in an organized manner. I thought this would be helpful. I also had discovered that the size of this HTML page was growing at an uncontrollable rate - one at which users of slow communications lines would never get to see the last post.

I discovered that the new BBS had several problems, many of which still exist today. I am in the process of getting these problems fixed and hope that in the next few weeks you will get a chance to try it. Some of the new features include:
1. For those of you who like to peruse the most recent postings BUT across all the various catagories there is an option on the first screen to provide you with this capability.
2. A search function that allows searching across all of the various catagories.
3. The catagories that I selected were ones that I felt were meaningful to visitors. although I can't make everyone happy I am willing to change them (continuously if necessary) to satisfy your wishes.
4. As for registering to use the BBS I think that your sentiment is that we don't require it as in the old BBS. One of the advantages of the new BBS is to monitor the quantity of responses that a visitor makes and providing different levels of membership based on that activity.

I hope you give the new BBS a try but not for a couple of days as we are still getting the bugs out.

And thanks again for your comments and the help you have provide across the years -- Yea for the internet community!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Thanks by Henry in MI  10/19/99 07:06 AM
  • Thanks ... by Jay J  10/19/99 09:38 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC