> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > new info recieved on wall
Login | Register

new info recieved on wall

Posted by Jeremy on March 3rd, 2003 10:31 AM
In reply to question by tomh on March 3rd, 2003 12:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

It seems that my In-laws forgot to inform me on a few things they have done prior to my knowledge it seems that he hired a contractor roughly about 20 years ago. What he described to me was that they dug a trench roughly two feet along the troubled wall and to his REMEMBRANCE ugh! they placed some type of steel plate or mesh he cant recall overlapping the exterior wall and proceeded to place concrete along the outer wall to the dirt. My wife and I are now in the process of finding documents of this work with the city and once we find out exactly what was done I cannot give anymore info as to what extent the contractor used for reinforcement on the wall. Now this could be a good sign or bad, time will tell as we dig deeper into the records.

Tomh, there is some liven space down there, they built a computer room down stairs and im in the process of ripping it all out, and yes it over laps the interior wall that needs to be addressed. I have been working on it little sections at a time due to the fact im about to gut a bedroom upstairs and I got the boys bunking in one room. LOL they are driving my wife and I nuts so im moving this room to my priority list for now that is. Gota love old homes!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC