> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > New home water damage
Login | Register

New home water damage

Posted by Chris Sterrett on October 12th, 2002 10:11 PM

I am having a new home built and plan on closing at the end of October. On Friday morning(Oct 11), extensive water damage occured in the upstairs bathroom from a loose pipe. The water ,from what I can tell, flooded part of the upstairs loft, leaked thru the ceiling and ruined the carpeting downstairs. The builder removed the downstairs carpeting and padding, and plans on replacing the drywall in the downstairs ceiling. They placed a blower under the upstairs carpet to dry the plywood, carpet and padding. My question is this, what should I do in regards to the upstair plywood on the floor and the trusses? My other concern is also where the water might of possibly went. From what I am being told, they do not plan on checking the walls and/or replacing anything pertaining to the walls. What are my options in this situation? What can I demand from them? What other issues do I need to look for? My biggest concern is future rotting of wood and possibly mold growth. Please let me know asap. They are planning on still having us close October 31.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC