renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > NEW HOME PROBLEMS
Login | Register

NEW HOME PROBLEMS

Posted by KELLY GIALOUSIS on March 14th, 2000 03:36 PM

i AM A 59 YEAR OLD, DIVORCED, DISABLED AND ALMOST BLIND..I HAVE A 27 YEAR OLD DISABLED DAUGHTER WITH A SEIZURE DISORDER. AT PRESENT WE LIVE WITH MY SON IN A VERY LARGE, BRICK OLDER HOME...OLD BUT ELEGANT AND THEY WATCH YOUR PROGRAM ALL THE TIME FOR IDEAS ON WHEN THEY BEGING TO REMODEL, WHICH THEY CANT BECAUSE OF MY BEING HERE..SLEEPING IN THE LIVING ROOM BECAUSE I CANNOT CLIMB STAIRS. I CONTRACTED TO HAVE A NEW HOME BUILT RIGHT NEXT DOOR..A RANCH HOME WITH LAUNDRY ROOM ON THE FIRST FLOOR. THE HOUSE WAS SUPPOSEDLY FINISHED LAST JUNE AND INDEED I HAVE BEEN PAYING THE MORTGAGE EVERY MONTH SINCE THEN, INSURANCE, TAXES, UTILITIES BUT I CANNOT MOVE INTO THIS HOME BECAUSE IT IS UNLIVABLE. THE BASEMENT IS SERIOUSLY FLAWED AND IT GETS FLOODED WITH WATER...FROM THE WALLS AND THE FLOOR. I HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THIS HOME YET..THE MAIN BEAM IS A WOODEN ONE AND I GUESS NO ONE WAS ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE BASEMENT STEPS WERE TO GO, SO IN ORDER TO ACCOMODATE THE STAIRS THEY CUT THE MAIN BEAM AND THERE IS NOTHING REALLY TO SUPPORT THIS HOUSE. THE KITCHEN WALL IS SERIOUSLY BOWED, THE CUPBOARDS ARE STARTING TO PULL LOOSE FROM THE WALLS, THE CONGRETE IN THE GARAGE IS SO CRACKED ITS CRUBLING...THE VINYL SIDING IS STARTING TO SAG AND FALL OFF..THE DECK IS DETACHING ITSELF FROM THE BACK OF THE HOUSE...THERE
ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS...IT PROBABLY SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING MADE UP..WE ARE IN LITIGATION NOW BUT GOD ONLY KNOWS WHEN THAT WILL END. IN THE MEANTIME, WE ARE ALL UNDER GREAT STRESS OVER TIS SITUATION. MY SONS TOLD ME TO WRITE TO YOU AND MAYBE YOU COULD COME HERE WITH A FILM CREW TO EXPOSE THIS CONTRACTOR. WHAT HAPPENED TO ME SHOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE. ALL I KNOW IS THAT SO FAR, I HAVE INVESTED ALMOST 60,000 DOLLARS IN A HOUSE THAT I CANT EVEN MOVE INTO AND I AM POOR. IF IT WERE NOT FOR MY SONS, I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO. CAN YOU HELP?

KELLY GIALOUSIS
611 COITSVILLE ROAD
CAMPBELL, OHIO, 44405
330 7433696

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC