> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > New guy or old guy, you should not.....
Login | Register

New guy or old guy, you should not.....

Posted by Steve: on December 10th, 2000 03:40 PM
In reply to Wow! by JR on December 10th, 2000 10:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

take inferior quality regardless of the size of community.

I was in a home a couple of months ago painting it out. I was fortunate enough to be painting over carpet that was being thrown out. As I progressed, the carpet man was laying down new carpet.

There was one seam in one large room that was very very noticable and matter of fact, the carpet installer and manu was being sued due to it.

I was a witness in this situation, because I saw what had happened.

The installer ran out of carpet on this job and went for more. In this room, he used the very end of the carpet roll and the seam was going to be the very end of that run on one side. Then the new roll came in and he attached the first of that run to the old roll run. Come to find out, these ends do not make good seams at all. A good seam should be a new cut from the new roll and a new cut from the old roll, this way they join up better and nicer.

I did not know about this until I was questioned about what I saw. He did not do this and it made for a poor seam.

Could this have happened there?

Do not let the stigma of a big city person in a small city prohibit you from voicing your concern. Your money is as green as a small city person's money.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC