> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > New Construction Advice-Frustrated
Login | Register

New Construction Advice-Frustrated

Posted by samuel on October 4th, 2003 08:11 PM

After over a year of waiting, the new house is finally almost ready. Appliances, sinks, floors need to be installed. The builder sent a letter stating closing would be in October. The attorney called to arrange a closing date and calls are not returned by the builder's closing department. When the attorney did get to speak to the closing person she said she could not give out dates as the house has to be inspected by the town and a Certificate of Occupancy issued. She did not even know if the house was completed and would not find out. Am I being unreasonable..I feel that all I does is call weekly for an update and they cannot provide any. I think I have a right to know what is going on and the sales office keeps saying that they have informed me of everything. They inform me of general things like you are closing in October or that the drywall has gone up. If I ask anything specific they clam up. Can anyone explain how a big builder works? Anyone have this experience? The last time I checked the house two weeks ago, the kitchen floor was done, but appliances were in the kitchen and not installed, the sinks were not in and one toilet was not hooked up. These are relatively minor issues and nothing has been done as of yet.

I am going nuts!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC