> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Never tried the all-in-one but have heard.
Login | Register

Never tried the all-in-one but have heard.

Posted by Ron C on March 20th, 2001 01:21 PM
In reply to Oak Millwork by Bob on March 20th, 2001 09:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have heard that the all-in-one is a decent product but you do NOT have control of the color. You cannot wipe it off at exactly the percise time you choose for the look you like.

I like to let a very light color stain soak into the wood for a long time to get the look I perfer. You can use two or three coats of stain if you perfer with pure stain, but not with the all-in-one.

Also with the all in one, the stain only soaks into the wood on first application. If you put 3 or 4 coats of it on it begins to hide the look of the wood.

Therefore, I agree with Bob. Stain & Poly all-in-one is simply for the lazy person who wants a quick fix.

I think the stain & poly only comes in gloss finish. I would consider a semi-gloss around windows and recommend satin finish for floors. However, the finish is personal taste. Some like gloss & some don't. Gloss really shows dust and dirt on floors.

Lots of luck, & if you use the stain & poly product post back and let others know what you thought...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC