> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Negligence
Login | Register

Posted by JackD on January 17th, 2001 12:56 PM
In reply to well, as long as you brought up the point by aimee on January 17th, 2001 12:26 PM [Go to top of thread]

Aimee, That's a legal question and something that you would have to talk over with a lawyer. Having said that, and please don't misconstrue this as being in defense of the inspector or anyone who has damaged you but it may not be worth your time, energy or money to go to court. But again, that's for you and the lawyer to decide. I would talk to the inspector and see what sort of agreement we could come to after we find out what the problem is. It's possible that he was right at the time of the report or not, I don't know. His primary job is to tell you if the item is performing the function for which it was intended at the time of the inspection. It may be that even thought the roof had a slight sag in it that it was performing it's intended function and, if he checked, that there was no evident structural problem. I'll tell you what. I don't want to take up a lot of space and possibly say something that someone else could misintepret as applying to their situation when it doesn't. If you want to e-mail me, feel free and I'll be glad to explain what I think should have been done and give you some suggestions as to what I would and wouldn't do. I believe it's too complicated to explain in the short replys that I feel comfortable posting.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC