> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Need to change your thermalcouple
Login | Register

Need to change your thermalcouple

Posted by Jeff Simpson on December 23rd, 2001 09:29 AM
In reply to Hot water heater, is there a kit to convert it to automatic ignition? by DaveA on December 22nd, 2001 07:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Dave you need to change your thermalcouple you can pick one of these up at any hardware store or builing centere for about $15.00.Probably whats happenning it is running for a minute or two and shutting off. What your thernalcouple does it sents a signal to the gas valve to let it know there is a standing pilot lite and it opens your main gas valve to your main burner. When you change your thermalcouple make sure you follow all safety precations on the back of the package. I hope this helps you out Dave.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC