> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Need new exterior basement door - HELP
Login | Register

Need new exterior basement door - HELP

Posted by Leslie on September 24th, 2002 09:30 PM

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

we need to replace the door from our basement to the outside. It is an old wood door which is pretty well rotted at the bottom since it does not sit on the threshhold, but beyond it, outside, right down to the cement area at the botom of the basement steps where there is a drain. My contractor seems a little reluctant ( hope he knows what he is doing!) and said he would ot replace the door jamb, he would be afraid to start something. The main problem is that the door is 32" wide nd only 76" high. I would assume there are some places which would cut the door to custom size. I also do not know whether to go with vinyl, steel or fiberglass. I am a purist at heart and have an oak door in the front, a fir door from the kitchen, and sliding glass wood doors which are aluminum clad outside. However, this is an area where the door could sit in water for periods of time in heavy rain. I need suggestions on the type of door ( it will be white, or some material which can be done in a light wood grain) and I need to know if a replacement door will be a problem if all that is removed is the trim. Leslie

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC