> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Need lots of help...old 70's house-a disaster!!
Login | Register

Need lots of help...old 70's house-a disaster!!

Posted by Linda on October 1st, 1999 07:43 PM

Greetings!! I am needing lots of advice in several's the scoop [hope someone can help!]:
After over 30 years, my "high school sweetheart" and I have rejoined forces!! A great love story, maybe I'll write a novel some day. Well......although joyful and madly in love, I am overwhelmed by the state of the house! I and my 2 children have joined he and his two. He is a Mr Mom and had little time for house upkeep/decorating and I must say, the poor dear would not know how to fix anything, even if he had the time! I am quite capable, but need to read on the howto''s my need list, maybe someone can recommend a book?? Repairs: falling out bifold closet doors, room doors[frames] pulling away from door openings, squealing shower head-when diverted from main faucet, dirty hardware/ hard to crank open Pella casement windows, horrid green sinks and tub, water pressure tanks [noisy and water around base],musty wet smells under bathroom-probably leaks mice getting in who knows where???, mice nest smells under cabinets, thumping hot water pipe noises, DARK unstained siding, firplace chimney cracks, SQUIRRELS scampering in the attic space[I can find no holes!!]!! help!! Short of moving, can someone point me in the right do-it-yourself direction? Love is great, but no money to hire this stuff out!!
Linda [passionately in love, but appalled at the house!]

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC