> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Need a plumber but....
Login | Register

Need a plumber but....

Posted by Robert on March 4th, 2002 03:02 PM

I have a leaking shower drain that has caused damage to the ceiling below. Whenever anyone takes a shower we need a bucket under the leak in the room below this shower. I can fix the ceiling but can't do the plumbing myself.

My problem is after a previous experience which left me a bit embarrased, mad and just plain feeling stupid, I am not sure if I am ready to deal with more plumbers. I paid 800.00 for a plumber to come in and hook up a tub and the fixtures. He was there for about two hours and the work he did doesn't seem like it should have cost that much. I actually had to help him manuever the tub in place or he would have had to reschedule for another day possibly costing me even more. I now feel I got ripped off...

Anyway I am sure the drain was not hooked up correctly by a different plumber a few years back. It seems he installed a new drain onto an old drain pipe and it didn't fit correctly so he filled the gap with silicone. this I only just found out after discovering I can take a shower in my Family Room while soneone else is in the shower above. I can't get in touch with him to fix it either. So now my dilema, How do I know if I am getting ripped off again on the price? How do I know if he is actually doing the job correctly? Should I need a permit to fix a problem with the drain? What questions do I need to ask? Is there any help out there?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC