> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > need a bath quick!
Login | Register

need a bath quick!

Posted by MB on February 10th, 2003 05:26 PM

No...not me personally :). My father is 82 and can no longer climb stairs. My only bathroom is on the second floor so he can't even visit me!
The previous owners of my house started installing a bathroom off the kitchen, which used to be a side porch. It has walls, floor, and one electrical outlet, but needs heat and plumbing.
This room is not directly under my other bathroom but it is on the same side of the house as the other bathroom, which is also on the side where the water comes into the house (if that helps). I have priced toilets, etc., but I need help figuring out a ballpark on labor to install the plumbing (including pipes, etc.) and the connecting the heating unit (which I already have). It's a tiny bathroom...just big enough for toilet, sink and small shower stall. I live in the Boston area. I don't have much $$ that I can spend but I desparately need this bathroom. Would it be better to just get a composting toilet? That doesn't solve the shower problem though. Any advice would be welcome!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC