> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Navigating
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on October 13th, 1999 11:44 AM
In reply to The 64 million dollar question by TomR on October 13th, 1999 09:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

Tom, the new board is simply too hard to navigate. I look at every question and most responses. With the old board, it's simple to just scroll down the list. With the new board, you have to go through the categories and the topis to find a post. I just don't plan to go through the rigamarole.

For what it's worth,I do check the new board every once in a while. The activity there is pretty discouraging compared to the old board. There is just so much more vibrance that it makes it a pleasure to come here. The new board seems like work. I probably check this board 3 times a day now. The new board is dull and boring because you spend more time navigating than looking at, thinking about and responding to the questions.

Your bottom line is how many hits you get. I did run some numbers a couple of months after the new board started. The old board was ahead then and I'll bet still gets more activity. If the new board is progress, then the progress certainly is not an improvement. And you would not have kept the old board going as long as you have without this being true.

The one thing that I would like to see is more info on searching and the FAQ's on the header screen. You have done a good job of educating on this, but a search function would be a neat addition--not that the questioners would use it, but it would be nice to refer them there first.

Hope you do the right thing and keep this board.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC