> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Narrow Or Wide?
Login | Register

Narrow Or Wide?

Posted by Dodgeman on April 26th, 2002 12:24 PM
In reply to Dry Wall Seam Ridges by John in TX on April 26th, 2002 09:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

Are the raised areas narrow like a line, or wider like the width of the tape used?
It is possible that the tape job did not adhere to the drywall well, and with the expansion and contraction of the drywall over the years, the tape is starting to separate from the drywall. Another possibility is that the joint compound used has "swelled" ofer the years, and is now showing as a raised "bump"
You might try locating a spot in a non-conspicuous area and cut out a small area of the tape joint for inspection. Still in all, it seems the only way to repair would be a total stripping and replacement of the tape joints. (Messy and expensive)If it is due to humidity and swelling, it probably won't get any worse. if the tape is separating, it probably will get worse.
Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC