> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My wood basement is flooding!
Login | Register

My wood basement is flooding!

Posted by Anna on March 17th, 2003 01:09 PM
In reply to Bad Wood Foundations by Mr. John on September 17th, 2002 11:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

Help! We don't know how serious this is. We just purchased this 1970 quad level less than a year ago. 2 months after we moved in during a very hot dry rainless summer, it poured like crazy for a week and our garage and wood basement flooded. We spent hundreds of dollars on a drain that goes across the driveway where the water was running into the garage. Also french drain and dry well along the side of the driveway. Now it's spring and we had 3 feet of snow, that practically all melted in one day when it got to about 70 degrees and sunny out. The garage and basement flooded again with about 3" of water. You could hear it like a water fall running down the insdie of the wall between the garage and basement wall. When we bought the house our inspector said that wood basements are much better than concrete. So that releived my fears of wood foundations. But now we don't know how to fix this problem and if our wood walls are going to rot from the water? They are definitly warmer butbI thought they were suppose to be better and dryer.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC