> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My Vote ...
Login | Register

My Vote ...

Posted by Jay J on July 5th, 2000 08:36 AM
In reply to Load bearing wall removal by Slayer on July 4th, 2000 01:42 PM [Go to top of thread]


Yes, if you're not familiar with 'diagnosing' and assessing load bearing walls, at least have a Structural Engineer / Architect do the preliminaries. He can 'advise' you (and charge you) for his professional input. IMO, this is money well-spent! You can SAVE some $$$ by doing the labor with his/her guidance.

Otherwise, you'll be meeting w/your insurance company explaining how the 2nd floor ended up on the 1st floor ...

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC