> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my two cents, for what it's worth...
Login | Register

my two cents, for what it's worth...

Posted by kmc on September 19th, 2000 07:50 AM
In reply to pellet stoves by ALBERT CATER on September 19th, 2000 05:58 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Albert,
My husband's looking into the same thing. We have been warned by our power company that our fuel cost for winter will double (but only for this winter, if one can believe what they say.) So he's looking into corn burners, he wants to burn wood pellets, has heard they do better than corn, are cleaner or something. Guess it's a matter of how long it will take you to recoup your money. If you generally have pretty high heating bills, or a large home, it might be worth it. We were quoted a price of around $1200 for a corn burner. So, if our heating bill does indeed double, we might recoup the cost the first winter, if not then for sure the second (we have a bi-level, the lower level is perpetually cool all year). A relative has had one for years, they have a bi-level, it heats the lower level to a very warm temp, and they use the ceiling fan in the foyer to draw the warm air upstairs. They're able to keep their thermostat on the furnace at about 68 or so, and with the corn burner, the whole house is pretty comfortable. That's about all I have to offer, good luck :-) Kathy

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC