> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My Thoughts ...
Login | Register

My Thoughts ...

Posted by Jay J on August 22nd, 2000 07:58 AM
In reply to cracks in the walls by B Golden on August 21st, 2000 04:44 PM [Go to top of thread]


As Steve says, maybe, maybe not. Either way, that's why there are ASHI Home Inspectors. A Home Inspector should find this. If not, it should be pointed out to him.

In my municipality, when a home goes up for sale, the Township Inspector checks out the house. He/She makes sures it's conforming and safe and so on. If the crack was unsafe, the house couldn't be sold until it was fixed. They don't care who pays as long as it's fixed when the house goes to closing.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: In case I wasn't emphatic enough, do get a Home Inspector. Preferably one that's ASHI-Approved. (I am neither a Home Inspector nor am I compensated in ANY way by them.)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC