> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My Take ...
Login | Register

My Take ...

Posted by Jay J on March 29th, 2000 12:25 PM
In reply to UPDATE-Craftsman Handtool Warranty problems... by Terry on March 28th, 2000 11:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

To Tool Guy and Idiot Police and anyone feeling that Terry is out-of-line,

I'm nobody to begin with, and not afraid to admit it. But from my perspective, I don't think this guy would have gone this far if it wasn't true. I know what Sears' policy is with Craftsman tools. Yes, Sears was wrong for their overall attitude. People's homes do burn down w/o having insurance. Once their paid off, you can drop it. Why not give Terry the benefit of the doubt?

When Sears asked for proof that the house burned down, that's where Terry should have done what they asked and STILL 'stuck it to them' by buying Husky. After presenting them with proof of the fire and proof of cxling his insurance, what would Sears have done?! I guess we'll never know but it certainly would have been interesting to see. I can see how 'one' would conscrue the not-bringing-in-proof-of-a-fire 'receipt' as meaning there was no fire. But with that said, why go through all the effort that he did? And yes, additionally, he can go to another Sears (apparently). Yet, he chose not to. (Another red flag?)

Well, anyway, I can be that persistant and upset/mad too. If the house burnt down, and you have the proof being asked for by Sears, and that's all they want, I would have done it. And if they wanted proof of non-insurance, I'd have given them that too. Is it fair to assume that Sears thinks the tools were 'hot'??? Maybe. If he only brought in a few tools at a time, maybe it would have been a different situation. Maybe, maybe, maybe. He's got his tools and I guess he won't be going to Sears any more. (But for us to judge his character, guys, like you did??? I'd hate to call you on something when you know you're right, and I don't 'think/feel' you are ...)

Jay J

PS: And I'm not gonna use some code-name like 'The Defender' or 'God', although my 'thoughts' may come off that way. WHo are you guys??? I've been seeing some 'attitude' on the Forum lately. You don't sound like one of the 'regulars' but then, again, my judge of character isn't perfect either ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC