> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My pricing for labor and material on said deck
Login | Register

My pricing for labor and material on said deck

Posted by Moderator, Steve on April 1st, 2002 03:52 PM
In reply to I think this should be directed at Moderator, Steve by Steve S. on April 1st, 2002 07:45 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Dig Safe numbers by Handyman on 02/14/2006

first, you need to factor in some ecomonic percentage for regional computations.

I figure 300 square foot of decking space. The "L" requires more work than a standard square or rectangle deck, but then it could be treated as two single decks.

The labor would be 300 times $4 a square foot, = 1$1200 The "L" would cost you about $300 additional = $1500. The railing really depends on how ornate and difficulty level. Normally a simple railing runs about $8 a running foot in labor. You did not say how many feet of railing you have. So that is indefinate.

Now, I would charge about $250 to install a latice skirt around the deck that is raised off the ground. You need this for asthetics and to keep out unwanted animals.

Now the wolmanized treated wood runs, in my area, about $3.75 a square foot. this would be about $750.

So, we are at $2500 with out the railing.

Now, the cedar railing will cost you much more than using a wolmanized treated wood railing. Remember, both will turn the same gray in 6 months or so and my question is why a cedar railing? I would go PT all the way.

The railing material is again hard to estimate because I do not have any idea of the design and quantity of wood needed.

This deck would be build with 4x4's cemented in the ground about 2 feet, your area will me deeper due to frost line and all. The beams would be spaced every 5 feet and floor joists would be 16 in OC, and the decking would be 2x6's NOT that new 5/4 junk.

This should do it, and the job will take max three days,

Fasteners would be all zinc coated ring shanked, glue dipped 3 inch nails counter sunk in the deck for hiding.

This should do it,

Now you come back and do me a favor, what are you other estimates for labor and material?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC