> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My point of view
Login | Register

My point of view

Posted by deecee on January 8th, 2003 11:50 AM
In reply to mega dittos on this subject by Moderator, Steve on January 8th, 2003 10:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

is that probably the greatest service this board provides is to let people understand how just how much is involved in building, repairing, designing etc. and that there is a reason for why a qualified professioanl can't come to your house for next to free. I'm kind of new to the board (but hooked on it!) and agree that some of the questions make you a little scared about how the skills don't live up to the intentions out there, but here's a place where people can learn and be helped on staying out of unsafe situations.
My big gripe is that with so many people willing to drop what they're doing and give valuable advice on the board at no charge, there is a real disheatening response from the people that are helped. A few say thank you and a few do get back to say how the situation turned out, but it is only about 6% by my analysis. Seems like it would be good manners just to post back and say what ended up happening.
But I'll be back a bunch...I do learn a lot every time I read the board, especially new tricks for this old dog. Luck, Kizmet

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC