> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My opinions on Laminate Flooring...
Login | Register

My opinions on Laminate Flooring...

Posted by Ed Parker on February 10th, 2000 10:22 PM
In reply to pergo by Ed Dagostino on February 10th, 2000 09:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

I fully expect a rash of others to pipe up but here is my take on the whole laminate flooring trend......
--(1)It's made of sawdust
--(2)Contrary to what the ads make you believe, it is not impervious to water damage.
--(3)You can not refinish this type of flooring, so boards need to be replaced when repairs are necessary.
--(4)Styles come and go, like tile and carpet, so matching a pattern for future repairs may prove futile.
--(5)This product is not time tested, yet has huge marketing efforts focused on convincing DIYers that this "miracle sawdust" has all the qualities of real wood, and can be installed anywhere with no adverse effects. (yeah, right.)
--(6)The floor has no fasteners.....Maybe it's just me, but I like my flooring secured to, say....THE FLOOR !!
--(7)The "wear layer" scrathes....I do it everytime I pass the display at Home Depot.
--(8)Congoleum "Royal Plank" strip vinyl flooring is a better choice for moisture prone and high traffic areas. My hands down favorite artificial wood floor.
--(9)I like Real Wood installed in appropriate areas.
--(9)Pergo is a great product if you're going to sell your home soon.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• pergo by Ed Dagostino  2/10/00 09:28 PM

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC