renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my flow rates?
Login | Register

my flow rates?

Posted by DARRELL VYBIRAL on November 7th, 2000 06:43 PM
In reply to upc by bc on November 7th, 2000 05:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

ON OUR WEBSITE THE ENTIRE ARTICLE CONCERNING PLUMBING CODES IS PUBLISED AS WRITTEN IN THE CODEBOOK WE DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT. THESE FLOW RATES AREN'T MINE. THE FLOW RATES ARE BASED ON FIXTURE UNITS, WHICH IS A CALCULATION JUST THE SAME AS AN ELECTRICAL SERVICE IS IS CALCULATED BASED ON A FORMULA NOT AN ASSUMTION. THEY ARE QUOTED FROM THE UPC CODEBOOK. I'M NOT ASSUMING ANYTHING. I SUPPOSE THE CODE BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR A REASON AND I'M SURE IS WASN'T WRITTEN TO BE IGNORED OR IS IT BASED ON ASSUMTION.
QUESTION? HAVE YOU EVER DONE A FIELD TEST ON YOUR QUOTES OF 2GPM OR EVEN LOOKED A SPEC SHEET ON A FAUCHET. YOU WILL FIND THAT TESTED FLOWS BY CERTIFIED TESTING AGENCYS SHOW HIGHER FLOWS AT 60 PSI ARE CONSIDERABLY HIGHER AND IS 5 TO 6 GPM. SINCE A 1/2 PIPE IS RATED AT 11GPM ACCORDING TO THE UPC NOT ME.

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THE TRUTH ABOUT PLUMBING CODES ARE A SALES PITCH. OR IS THE TRUTH TOO HARD TO BELIEVE? OR SHOULD THE PLUMBING CODES BE CHANGED TO A 1/2 SERVICE SIZE TO ACCOMIDATE THE WATER SOFTENER INDUSTRY? OR SHOULD THE WATER SOFTENER INDUSTRY DO SOMETHING IT HAS TRIED TO AVOID? COMPLY WITH PLUMBING CODES.

I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE. I JUST BELIEVE THE CONSUMER NEEDS TO KNOW. I BELIEVE THE CONSUMER SHOULD GET WHAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR.
DON'T YOU?

DARRELL

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC