> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my favorite . . .
Login | Register

my favorite . . .

Posted by regina in IL on April 11th, 2000 10:56 PM
In reply to Correct Primer by Kathleen on April 8th, 2000 06:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

is Zinsser's Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer, Sealer, Stainkiller. It's water-based, soap-and-water cleanup, but gives a really nice hard finish like oils. I used two coats because of my particular situation, but you can wait and see how yours look after one coat. Using this, you end up using a lot less paint for your top coat, because it seals the wall so well it can't just absorb into the surface. If you're on a limited budget, that means you can afford to buy the really good stuff without worrying it will just soak in. In my old house, I have all plaster walls, no drywall, but it should be fine on your drywall, too, unless someone else here thinks not. It will also keep your patching from bleeding through on your nice new paint. It's "low odor" because it's designed for nursing homes, etc., but DON'T take that to mean that you don't need plenty of ventilation, just the same. I hope it's warmer where you are than here where I am, so you can open all your windows!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC