> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My Bryant Furnace Noise
Login | Register

My Bryant Furnace Noise

Posted by Michele on December 18th, 2002 09:27 AM
In reply to Fire the big bang serviceman by Jim R on December 2nd, 2002 02:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I've been in my home for a year now. The Bryant furnace is 25 years old & heats well. This is the second heating season for us w/this furnace. It was cleaned by a service man 7/02. The situation is not every time the heat is on but a lot of times I will hear a noise from the furnace, it sounds like someone is heating the side of the furnace, maybe 2 or 3 space out bang noises during a session of the heat running. The fan or blower has always been a little noisy because it is old. The service man said it is in good shape & the belt is good. I know this sound
is coming from the fan area. I went down to listen. It did not appear to come from the gas area. My Dad oiled the bearings that the instruction gives on the fan side of the furnace.
Do you have any idea of the noise or any tips.
Other than that it works well, my thermastat is a Honey system which is great, I can set the temp. for certain times of the day etc. Before I purchased my home my inspector notice gas escaping from one of the pipes leading to the furnace but this was repaired before purchase. And after I purchased my home I had my Utility come in to double check for any gas leak. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Furnace Noise by Larry G.  1/15/03 12:11 PM (: 2, : 1)
  • Furnace by Yvonne Sauve  1/19/04 08:11 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC