> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my anser to entry door dilemma :()
Login | Register

my anser to entry door dilemma :()

Posted by michael h ginter on February 8th, 2003 11:56 PM
In reply to Entry Door Dilemma by Robert on July 1st, 2000 05:52 PM [Go to top of thread]

I"v got an idea you say you only got 46"opening what 46x80 or 72 or what.first thing you need is a tape measure,then a carpenters pencil,for a start.Then must be able to visualize your new entry.If needed you can buy pre cut step at your local hardware store.But you got to a money its not cheap.For the founddation start bye marking your spots (FOR INSTANCE IT COULD BE 12X7 FEET IN LENGTH AND WIDTH)Your call.You can make it easy bye use'n center blocks and 4x4's like building a deck out of OSB 4x8 bored.Then you need sum tools,a POWERSAW,POWERDRILE,SAWSALL,FINISHSAW,100'FOOT CORDS.For power then you need a SQUARE,LEVEL,PRYBAR,SHOVEL,22'OUNCE EASTWING WAFFLE NOSE HAMMER,Now you got It going on I'ts all in the prep.Build your floor first thats the hard'st part then buy your windows and door maby a double door with side door windows looks can deceive with just a 400 dollor door and the glass beside the doors your choice.Now use 2x4's to frame it alltogether and double the headers and corners and door opening,windows your call u decide now for trusses thats were the prep comes back its in the width because its easyer to buy 4x4's and screws remember you square and you need nail plates to fasten cuts together bye cutting each end at angles for solid roof truss there clean cut pieces so the beams will look real nice from inside and open so you get the idea now your made a complete entry and addid style to your home and a small but good space saver good bye.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC