> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my 2 cents ....
Login | Register

my 2 cents ....

Posted by regina in IL on June 16th, 2000 09:28 PM
In reply to IDEA, regarding this message board and it's future. by Wick on June 16th, 2000 12:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

I came on this board the first time with a question about my floors. I came here because I, being a technological dinosaur, couldn't figure out how to use the other site. Given the number of people who did what I did that first time--posted my question over and over because I didn't know about the "refresh" function, and thought I'd done it wrong because it wouldn't appear on the board--I think there are a lot of us dinosaurs out here looking for a quick, easy, friendly place to come for answers. Those of us who post answers are all pretty busy people outside of this board, and we are also looking for quick, easy and friendly.

My law practice is basically a black hole when it comes to sucking up time, so when I'm checking the board for anything I might need to know for my own house projects, or that I could respond to, or just sounds entertaining, I don't have the time to mess around with all that nonsense on the new board. From what I can tell, neither does anyone else here. Besides that, being able to follow the entire thread on a post is one of the most helpful and fun things about being on here.

I think Kristy's idea of setting up the site so you could either follow it like we do, or index it out by category if that's what you like, is really great, assuming they deep-six us. MY preference, though, is for them to leave us alone to do what is already working very well here, and let anyone who WANTS to go to their new sites go there. What's so wrong with multiple sites, anyway? We have competition shoved down our throats everywhere else, even when we don't necessarily want or need it, so why the big push for a monopoly on the site? (okay, okay . . . I'm off my soapbox. . . but I still think they only went after Microsoft because the feds can't stand the idea of any one man having enough money to fund his own defense budget!) I say we push for the American way: free market, healthy competition, and exercising our First Amendment right to freedom of association--on the forum WE like best.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC