> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > my 2 cents
Login | Register

my 2 cents

Posted by bc on March 28th, 2000 01:59 PM
In reply to Which water softner to buy????? by Keith on March 25th, 2000 06:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> RainSoft Manuals by Handyman on 02/02/2009

Try and look under water softners. They have a good high capacity units and can ship to you. You can email them and they have a FAQ section on them. I've used Sears, who are made by someone else, and have had good luck but like everything else they have a life span and then wear out. Sometimes it is easier to use the card to buy than write a check. I sometimes wish I had a 1" high gpm unit cause the 3/4" will somewhat restrict the flow to a shower, etc.

Also go to and search their forum for water softners. You will find differing views and that some units are overpriced. You do need to start with a water analysis to see what needs to be treated and not just a hardness test that some do. You may have iron, bacteria, and other things. Some companies like kinetico and others may be including filters and reverse osmosis units that may or may not be needed. You also need to size the softners. I prefer to go a little bigger so they cycle less. Also get ones that cycles by demand meter as opposed to the old style timered unit.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC