> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My $.02 ...
Login | Register

My $.02 ...

Posted by Jay J on June 29th, 1999 01:13 PM
In reply to Is Bruce Hardwood flooring my best solution? by George K on June 29th, 1999 10:52 AM [Go to top of thread]

For me, the only way I can eliminate the problems associated w/humidity is to get rid of the humidity. It's easier said than done especially if you live in a loft complex. I'm sure you're dealing with a landlord.

Anyway, since you can't get rid of the humidity, you need to get some specific guarantees on the glue AND the flooring. My $.02 says you ought to get an opinion from Bruce Hardwood Floors directly. When you go there, you can 'click' the Contact URL to write them with the same e-mail you posted here. BUT, before you do, I'd talk to your contractor first to 1) find out which glue he's using, and 2) which flooring he's suggesting to install. Once that's done, e-mail them. They're good to reply, usually, in a couple of days. Also, BEFORE you write them, 'click' the Products URL. Then click the Product Specifications URL. When you know the particular product being installed, you can read about the specs. You 'should' see notations as to whether or not a particular product is to be used in high moisture areas, or not. Then ask Bruce if high humidity on concrete constitutes high moisture.

Being on the 8th floor shouldn't be too much of a problem when it comes to concrete 'bleeding' moisture. If you were on the ground level, you'd have more to concern yourself about. One thing does concern me, and it has to do with the glue that's on the concrete now. If the glue isn't holding the parquett that's there now, if your contractor applies 'his' glue, will the 2 of them 'bond'?! I think somehow, the old glue would have to be sealed/neutralized first. Perhaps this would be worth noting to Bruce when you e-mail them. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC