> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My $.02 ... :-)
Login | Register

My $.02 ... :-)

Posted by Jay J on October 7th, 1998 08:38 AM
In reply to Bob has a new message board! by TJ on October 6th, 1998 01:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

I sent an e-mail to you offering my $.02. If you didn't get it, PLEASE write me back and I'll send it to you. In any event, I'll share my feedback with anyone interested to see what folks have to say ...

Jay J
Dear Handyman,

As a person who most finds himself posting up a lot more REPLYs than questions, I find the 'old' Forum still has its merits along with the new one.

On the 'old' Forum, you can see everything in a flash. It's quick to spot who needs help and you don't have to go click-crazy between 'subjects' to asertain the aforementioned on the 'new' Forum.

On the other hand, if I was just wanting to post 1 question to look for some help (every now and then), then it would be much better to categorize the posts by subject because it would allow me to see questions & answers to related questions, along with mine. It's more like one-stop-shopping if you know what I mean.

So, as you can see, depending on one's 'perspective' (as a poster or a follow-upper), the 'old' AND the 'new' Forum have their advantages. I know what I'd do if I could but I don't think you'd go for it. Nonetheless, I'll suggest it anyway. I say KEEP the 'old' forum too. If possible, DON'T allow NEW posts to the 'old' Forum; ONLY allow Follow-ups! The 'old' Forum is better for us 'regular follow-uppers'. Also, if possible, KEEP the new Forum and allow NEW posts AS WELL AS follow-ups to them! This is better for 1-time posters (or not-so-regular posters) as well as for individuals who specialize in follow-ups on specialized subjects. This would be a win-win!!! Sound good? I hope so.

My idea would create a little more maintenance on your part if you would, say, have to 'clean up' on the Forum. You'd essentially have a dozen specialized forums as well as an all-in-all forum. Not that my opinion matters much but I don't think it's a big problem all the way around. I think the only other thing that you'd need to add to BOTH Forums is a 'subject' header. This way, when looking at either the all-in-all Forum or the specialized Forum, you know which one you're posting or follow-upping on.

My best to ya and hope this helps. I'll be patiently waiting

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• New BB by Gail  10/8/98 09:06 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC