> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > My $.02 ...
Login | Register

My $.02 ...

Posted by Jay J on January 10th, 2000 02:40 PM
In reply to Carpeting by Jan K on January 10th, 2000 01:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm trying to rain on your party but to go through the trouble to learn all you need to learn to do this job, I could more easily see your point if you were doing the whole house. If you were laying an area rug, not a wall-to-wall rug, then yes, it's a no-brainer. My $.02 is to look for someone who does this for side work or look in the 'Towntalk' newspaper in the back for someone. It's not a big job for a pro who lives on this type of work but again, if you look in the right place, you might find someone to do the job right for a few $$$.

If you insist, you can go to Installation of Carpeting to get the info you need. (Make sure your Browser has its JAVA enabled. Otherwise, you may not get to the site or it won't work properly!) There's more info off of the Main Page too. But what I've supplied should satuate you well enough. If you can't find anyone in the paper, go hang out at the back of any carpet retailer's store and wait for the trucks to come in. There, you'll find the people that do the install and you might be able to bribe one of the 'younger guys' to do the room. Or, drive to a construction site and look for vans and/or trucks that might be installing floors. You can even ask a hardwood floor installer if he knows someone that might do your job. Don't be discouraged if you get a few "I don't know" or "I can't help you". They're out there!!!

My best to ya and hopet his helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC