> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > mushroom vs ridge?
Login | Register

mushroom vs ridge?

Posted by George on February 1st, 2002 09:00 AM
In reply to attic ventalition by gordon on January 31st, 2002 07:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

I don't have the cubic footage of my attic. It's about 20' x 50' with a steep of about 3' center.

The contractor didn't feel a ridge was needed, unless we REALLY WANTED it. The other contractors called all suggested ridge vents, the one we picked didn't think we needed it, that the 3 mushrooms with 1 power fan and cleared soffits would have been enough to ventilate the attic properly.

Could the attic be overventilated? We get a fair amount of misty dew. Could this be filling the attic in the am, wetting the wood, then getting ventilated out as the temperatures increase? I haven't been in the attic in the early am, so I really don't know if it gets misty up there.

I'd hate to scratch and claw with the contractor to replace it and put in a ridge vent, under the assumption that his decision to not put in a ridge vent wasn't correct, then have it still happen.

Yes I want it corrected, but I don't want to correct it twice at twice the expense. So I'm looking into other avenues as well, besides the roofers fault (I know the material was good material, and the workmenship seemed to be solid, as I said, it hasn't outwardly leaked during rain).

What we agreed on at this point, is to photograph the areas in question once a week to look for increase in damage/mold and in what areas, and go from there.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC