> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > much milage on this one...
Login | Register

much milage on this one...

Posted by BEG on January 13th, 2000 11:47 AM
In reply to protect hardwood from animal scratches by Cathy 7 on January 12th, 2000 10:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

Can you believe the response on this issue? I have a Golden and a Black Lab and two cats (snax for the dogs). Since they are free to run on twenty acres, they don't always care if they come in or not. But, when they do, they almost always go for the expensive area rugs. I have tile and hardwood floors. I don't worry about the tile, of course, and quite frankly, they haven't damaged the hardwood. They are trained to behave when they are allowed in the house.

This is another long-winded way for me to say that I agree with Jay J. In many of the interior projects I have designed, we most always include area rugs over the hardwood floors. Just makes since, and looks good. Now, (the reason I am responding), you don't have to buy expensive area rugs. I have gone down to the local "Derail Commodity" shops and bought however much carpet that was needed, and was the right look, and had it edged. Put a foam mat under it and it looks like a million bucks, and at very, very, very little cost. You can use what ever carpet suits you......and you can buy the very expensive carpets, also, and because you are not buying much area, it still doesn't cost much. If this service is not in your town, make a is worth it.

Of course, if you have the money, you can buy the expensive orientals, or what ever. But rest assured, it is this carpet that Rover will love the best...........but being wool, it will take it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC