> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mr. Paint......More Positive eh?!
Login | Register

Mr. Paint......More Positive eh?!

Posted by Mr. Paint on April 20th, 2003 08:58 PM
In reply to Mr. Paint by More on April 20th, 2003 08:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Alright.......lets begin.

First of all - I don't own a countertop manufacturing business.

Second of all - I am not negative about painting - I love paint - it is my job - it is what I do!

What you read as negativity - should be read as realism. I have been in the paint business 18 years - I know what I am talking about.

All of my posts give people my best experience on what they should expect to happen.

It may not be what they want to hear - or the easiest thing for them to hear - but it will be true honest advice based on a great deal of experience selling, applying, testing, and teaching others about paint.

People often don't understand what paint WON'T do. The reason they are on this sight is to find that out - and I don't mind telling them.

I believe I have helped a number of people on here - and if I haven't - hey they should have listened - it could have saved them some headache!

As for painting counter tops - there are products to use and circumstances where those products will perform reasonably well. Having said that - in my experience the vast majority of people have neither the experience, time, or money to paint a counter properly - then to remember that it needs to be used carefully there after.

Moreover, most people are looking to save a few $$ by painting their countertops. What very few understand is that doing it properly with paint costs nearly as much as buying new basic laminate counters.

As for all the Canadian and American DIY's who are not phased by my comments - they are unphased at there own peril - because I always give advice that works.

Mr. Paint

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC