> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Moss??!
Login | Register

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on August 7th, 2001 09:03 PM
In reply to CWF-UV or Cabot for deck staining by VK on August 7th, 2001 03:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi VK,

Well, get yourself a good pressure washer to clean the surface. Let it dry for a few days, and I mean a few days, because if you have moss growing on your deck, you aren't getting ANY sunlight on it! No?

You need to buy yourself a good sealer that touts to prevent mold & mildew (and hopefully moss too.) I can't read the cans/containers from here but that's what you want. If you buy a product whose strength is UV protection, well, I thing your wasting your $$$ (UNLESS you trim back some tree branches.)

I don't want to ruin your 'getaway deck' but I think you need to at least improve the sun and air flow 'situation'. Otherwise, you'll be doing this job every year. BUT, that's OK w/me - You'll be a Pro in no time!

I want to commend you on your choice of Mfgrs. They're 2 of the best. Shop at that 'level' and I'm sure you'll find something to satisfy your needs. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: I'd stick w/a clear finish.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC