> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > mositure problems in the basement
Login | Register

mositure problems in the basement

Posted by Bob on March 12th, 2003 02:13 PM
In reply to Would Never Do It! by Mark on December 11th, 2001 06:42 PM [Go to top of thread]

I need help solving moisture problems not only in the basement, but also upstairs. We added on approx. 9 years ago adding approx. 1200 sq. feet above with a basement below. The basement is a walk out design with a steel door and a window on the north side. The steel door and the window in the winter always collect mositure on them. The windows upstairs also collect mositure on them. The walkout basement NE & NW corner walls constantly has mildrew growing on them. The ground slops down near the north corners of the walkout basement. The existing house, approx. 1300 Sq., has a crawl space under it. Mosisture also collects on the windows there as well.

We have a high effecient gas furnace, attic is well insulated, bathrooms upstairs are vented, dryer in basement is vented, basement block walls have vapor barrier and 1" styrofoam insulation on the outside, I have poured insulation into the blocks, the inside walls of the basement are painted with Dryloc. Windows are wooden Anderson's double pane.

Can anyone help me.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC