> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Tidbits ...
Login | Register

More Tidbits ...

Posted by Jay J on August 12th, 1998 04:55 PM
In reply to Vinyl Siding vs Aluminum Siding by Liz on August 12th, 1998 10:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

IMO, stay away from siding that's less than .042" thick. Try and choose a neutral color like lite gray, white, baige, bone, etc., etc., or you may end up with a difficult time selling the home later (just a thought). Read and verify the warranty with the MFGR, not the retailer, that the 'surface' the vinyl is layed on will NOT void the warranty. A couple of MFGRs require a smoothe surface on which they'll warranty their siding. Before you do any installation work, now's the time to plan to put in any additional electrical and water outlets. I put one of each one each side of my home. If you don't have soffits and gable vents, now's a good time to see if either/both can be put in. I ripped my solid soffits out and put in vented ones. I had gable vents but nothing beats having that air rise up under the roof sheathing to keep it cool! Get a few estimate and price everything. We even put in a window to add more lite to the 2nd floor.

I know this is lots. I'm a little biased towards vinyl though. Best to ya and hope this helps. If you need more specifics, e-mail me directly.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC