> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Thoughts ...
Login | Register

More Thoughts ...

Posted by Jay J on August 31st, 2000 12:30 PM
In reply to I agree with Jay J... by Mark on August 31st, 2000 11:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Mark (and Carla),

At first, I didn't want to 'discourage' you directly. BUT, in all reality, it may be a tougher job than you think. I believe that after reading the 'how to' information, you'll come to that conclusion.

Beings Mark 'opened the door', I'll share some thoughts. If you do 'mess up', there MAY be no turning back, and you'll end up calling a pro anyways. Also, your floors are your 'calling card' when people come and go from the house. If there are noticible mistakes, they'll see them (if they just 'generally familiar' with what a nice hardwood floor looks like.)

The GOOD news is that after you get an estimate or 3, you might find it best done by a pro anyways. They have all the right tools and know-how. As I always say in cases like this, there are some jobs best left to a pro. Either way, I do wish you well.

Do the reading and get a few estimates, and go from there. You'll be much more educated after that. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC