> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Soffit Problems? Opinion Jason,Steve,Anyone?
Login | Register

More Soffit Problems? Opinion Jason,Steve,Anyone?

Posted by Debbie on July 5th, 2002 06:25 PM

Crew 2 came to cut vents, replace rotten wood. pulled down entire back of barn 120ft saying it was done wrong. Crew 2 ran j channel attached soffit, nailed other end to facia board which is approx 1-2 inches below old soffit board. then L bend facia which overlaps soffit. This seems fine to me since all is secured,wrapped and protected even though soffit is not quite level. Here's the problem half the building was done with J channel,soffits cut and nailed to inside of old soffit all short, different lengths with a tension bend facia. called contractor and explained i'd like my job the same on both sides. this is on the front half and half.he didn't see what my problem was, nobody will notice. to me it's like painting half white and half pink it's all paint. Reluctently he said he would take it all down and redo it like crew 2. enter crew 3 they have been instructed by their boss, subcontractor, to remove tension bend facia cut my facia board down and put on new L bend facia. I immediatly stopped them when it became apparent that my gutters were going to hang below the bottom of facia and one side of building would have facia 1-2 inches shorter then the other. finally they said they would do this and that but didn't end result the L bend is installed facia is to short gaps and is not secured just resting barely on L bend back of facia board exposed and soffit can be pushed up 1-2 inches. I'm livid! contractor response it looks the same you said you were planning on selling what do you care. Opinions Please

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC