> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More questions:
Login | Register

More questions:

Posted by TomR on August 14th, 1998 01:41 AM
In reply to building a deck over a porch. by Mickey on August 13th, 1998 01:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

More questions:

Is this a front porch?

Im assuming this porch has steps. Im also assuming that, once on the porch, one can enter the house via a door. In this case, how much higher is the main floor of the house from the top of the porch. To rephrase, do you step up to enter the house from thew porch? And if so, by how much (feet, inches, or whatever)?

In my project situation, the porch was actually a small (3x 5) landing with several steps, which I expanded using footings, and pressure-treated wood for the frame and decking. The finished product was about 8x 12, with a roof, and almost completely covered the existing landing, steps, and a portion of the walkway. I did not have to remove any part of the original porch, and unless you had say the house before the addition, you would not know what was underneath.

Im in Pennsylvania, close to Philly. The climate is bad in winter, but not as bad as yours. Still, the porch has held up very well in the last 6 years.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC