renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > MORE ONWATER TREATMENT
Login | Register

MORE ONWATER TREATMENT

Posted by MARK IN NH on August 11th, 1999 07:16 AM
In reply to water treatment by BobF on August 10th, 1999 08:00 AM [Go to top of thread]

SPECIALIZING IN WATER TREATMENT AND PURIFICATION I CAN RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING

FIRST YOU NEED TO KNOW APPROX HOW MANY GALLONS OF WATER PER DAY YOU WILL BE USING IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD. THE AVERAGE IS 75 - 100 GPD PER PERSON. MULTIPLY THAT BY THE GRAINS OF HARDNESS TO GET THE CAPACITY UNIT THAT YOU WILL REQUIRE TO SOFTEN THE WATER. SOFTENERS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO REMOVE IRON, MANGANESE, SULFUR, ETC- IN FACT IRON WILL BUILD UP ON THE RESIN BED OF THE SOFTENER AND EVENTUALLY MAKE IT INEFFECTIVE. THE SO CALLED SOFTENER SALTS FOR IRON RICH WATER ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY. YOUR BEST BET IS TO PURCHASE A MANGANESE GREENSAND UNIT WHICH USES POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE AS A BACKWASHING AGENT. THIS UNIT MUST BE INSTALLED SO THAT IT SEES THE WATER BEFORE THE SOFTENER DOES. HOW ABOUT THE PH OF YOUR WATER? IF IT IS ACIDIC, IT IS "HIDING" THE TRUE HARDNESS OF YOUR WATER.

I AM WITH AQUASCIENCE, THE LARGEST INDEPENDENT WATER TREATMENT CO IN THE NORTHEAST. FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 800 262 3218. MY ADVISE WOULD BE TO STEER AWAY FROM SEARS, ETC AS THESE ARE GENERIC UNITS . YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO BE CUSTOM DESIGNED FOR YOUR SPECIFIC WATER TREATMENT PROBLEM.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• ecowater by Joel Grizzel  8/5/00 09:58 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC