> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More on the mold/mildew description...
Login | Register

More on the mold/mildew description...

Posted by Kathy Mac on February 19th, 2001 09:50 AM
In reply to Mold or mildew? by Henry in MI on February 17th, 2001 04:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi bc and Henry,
My dad has always called it mold. The concrete walls are really grungy looking in some spots, greyish-to-black color. However there is also that tan-goobery-bumpy stuff in spots (for lack of a better term) that you will see on top the dirt of potted plants in the house sometimes. I'm beginning to get more concerned now, as perhaps it's already going through the ductwork. Regrettably, moving my father temporarily is not an alternative. His health problem is not lung or allergy related, but sadly it has rendered him incapable of getting around without assistance. (Certainly breathing this gunk if it's airborne won't help matters)We have set up my parents house to accomodate my dad's needs, all on the main level. I'm wondering if a bathroom cleaner like Tilex Mold/Mildew remover or one of those would work? I use it in a downstairs bath, and it will work on problem areas with no scrubbing. ('course the stuff smells to high heaven)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC