renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > MORE ON MILDEW ...
Login | Register

MORE ON MILDEW ...

Posted by JAY J on March 20th, 2000 08:29 AM
In reply to MILDEW IN LOUISIANA by C B MAD on March 19th, 2000 11:43 AM [Go to top of thread]

C B MAD,

WAYNE IS RIGHT. BY ADDING THE TURBIN, YOU'RE PROBABLY PROMOTING THE PROBLEM BY DRAWING MOISTURE UP AND THROUGH THE HOUSE. FIRST, I'D TURN THAT OFF, OR AT LEAST, ONLY USE IT ON 'LOW' WHEN YOU WANT TO GET RID OF STALE, HOT AIR. YOU ONLY NEED TO 'MOVE' THE AIR TO GET IT OUT. IF IT'S ON TOO HIGH, YOU'RE FORCING THE FAN TO WORK REAL HARD.

IF YOU SEARCH THE MAIN FORUM PAGE WITH YOUR BROWSER'S 'FIND' OR 'SEARCH' FEATURE FOR WORKS LIKE 'CRAWL', OR 'BASEMENT', OR 'MOLD', OR 'MILDEW', OR 'GUTTER', YOU'LL SEE A LOT OF DICUSSIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MITIGATE THE PROBLEM. GETTING RID OF MOLD AND MILDEW ISN'T ENOUGH. YOU NEED TO ELIMIATE THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM. AND IF YOU DO WHAT A LOT OF THE POSTS SAY TO DO, YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU'LL FIND. DON'T STOP SEARCHING WHEN YOU MAKE ONE 'HIT' WITH THE FIND / SEARCH-FEATURE. KEEP LOOKING AT ALL THE POSTS THAT HAVE THE KEYWORD 'HITS' UNTIL THERE ARE NO MORE. EACH POST HAS IT'S OWN, LITTLE, $.02 TO OFFER.

IF YOU HAVE DAMAGE TO STRUCTURAL MEMBERS AS A RESULT OF ROTTING, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER HAVING THE HOME INSPECTED BY AN 'ASHI'-APPROVED HOME INSPECTOR. GO TO ASHI Home Inspectors for info. YOU DON'T WANT A NON-ASHI HOME INSPECTOR IN MY OPINION. THE INSPECTOR WILL LOOK WAAAAAY BEYOND YOUR IMMEDIATE PROBLEM. ONE WILL COST BETWEEN $250 AND $350. IT'S WORTH IT. CHALK IT UP TO THE COST OF HAVING SOME PEACE OF MIND! DON'T SKIMP WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR HOME. AS YOU CAN SEE, YOU MIGHT REGRET IT, AND IT MAY COST YOU A LOT MORE THAN HIS $$$ TO HAVE A PROBLEM FIXED.

IF YOU HAVE MORE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, E-MAILM ME DIRECTLY. MY BEST TO YA AND HOPE THIS HELPS.

JAY J

PS: AREN'T THESE CAPITAL LETTERS ANNOYING?! IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC