> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Links & Possible Allergy Caution ?
Login | Register

More Links & Possible Allergy Caution ?

Posted by Kathy on September 21st, 2000 07:26 AM
In reply to Forgot the link by Tim in VA on September 20th, 2000 06:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

4 of 4 people found this post helpful

My husband and I finally got to a local dealer yesterday. Here's a few manufacturer's web addresses, a couple of them might be at Tim's link, but will post here anyway just in case (thanks for that info Tim, very helpful site!).

Also, a possible allergy caution: Here in the midwest our dealer mentioned corn has been a prominent source of fuel due to its abundance; east and west coast wood pellets are more economical/prominent. When I asked the dealer about possible allergic reaction to burning corn or wood pellets, she strongly cautioned us away from using corn in the pellet stoves if anyone in the house has allergies/respiratory problems. (A customer of hers had a severe respiratory reaction the first time he used his corn-burner). It's not from the corn burning, it's the dust left in the room from filling the burner with corn. (A relative with a pellet stove switched from corn to wood pellets due to the high level of dust.) She almost seemed to caution us away from stoves that burn wood pellets as well, much to my husband's dismay, to due possible respiratory irritation from the wood "dust" (it's minimal, but there is still some there). She said highly sensitive people can even react to the vent-free gas stoves (throat irritation, etc); something about the way it continually recycles the air in the house instead of using outside air as a vented gas stove would. Would appreciate any input if anyone's had personal experience with allergies/pellet stoves? Getting a gas stove kind of defeats our purpose of circumventing high fuel costs this winter. -Kathy

Vermont Castings: or;
Lopi Pellet Stoves:
(Pellet Model is "Heritage Bay")
The Earth Stove: (Pellet Model "Traditions")

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC