> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Info For You On Your HVAC ...
Login | Register

More Info For You On Your HVAC ...

Posted by Jay J on September 9th, 1998 08:29 AM
In reply to TomR, JayJ, Jack Flash by Becky on September 8th, 1998 07:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

I admire anyone who can come back like you did. Though I, personally, wasn't looking for a 'response' such as this, I accept (for what it's worth) and we all can get on with the rest of our lives. :) Now, about some help ...

When you get such a disparity in quotes, the thing to do is ask the high-estimate installer why it's $2000 more than the low-estimator. AND, visa-versa. Their 'explanation' should help you decide which contractor to choose. Perhaps the price is simply in the HVAC unit. Perhaps it's in the labor. I hope you're asking for an estimate with some itemization. You can, on your own, do some homework especially if the price difference is in the unit. And lastly, I'd get a 3rd contractor to give you an estimate and ask HIM/HER why it's different than the 1st two estimates. Don't hesitate to show any of the contractors the other's estimate. It's a competitive business. Sure they 'talk' to each other but as long as you get a credible explanation, don't let it bother you.

If you get a few estimates, ask a few questions, and do a little homework, you're officially a non-Nitwit! My best to ya ahd hope this helps. :)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC