> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Info for the big picture!
Login | Register

More Info for the big picture!

Posted by Blair Smith on May 19th, 2000 08:52 AM
In reply to 'Rolls Of Something' - Corrugated Plastic - Foam Filters ??? by Jay J on May 19th, 2000 08:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

Jay J, do you know my dad?...never mind..
yes, I already have soffit vents and do even have a gable vent. the floor of the attic is insulated. i have 2 reasons for wanting the ridge vent. 1 to get additional ventilation and 2 to assist in masking a ridgeline that has looks more like the rockies rather than than a nice level horizontal line. the house is very old. i plan to attempt to correct problems with the ridge line with jacks and reinforcing.
the link you provided is exactly what the 2nd choice is. the corrugated type
the first type is like what bc eluded to. a roll of stuff that resembles the scrubby thing called scotch brite, for the dishes, only wider and longer.
the third item is mentioned on that link you provided. 'no filters' it is preformed, bends in the middle. formed to sit about 1" above the roof. it uses a foam rubber 'filter' to keep out bugs, snow, etc. this stuff looks the sturdiest to me except the sun will deteriorate the 'filter' quickly. the scrubby stuff will follow the shape of the roof and not help with the cosmetics. have you had experience with the stuff on that site you sent me to? that seems to make the most sense. what do you think?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC